Under Section 56(2)(ib) of the Income Tax Act of 1961, winnings from lotteries, crossword puzzles, card games, or other games of any kind are taxable.
‘Other games of any kind’ include any television or electronic entertainment program in which people compete for prizes. The income from KBC TV shows and online gaming is therefore taxable under Section 56 of the I-T Act as ‘income from other sources. As per Section 115BB, such income is taxed at a flat rate of 30% plus applicable surcharges and cess.
Tax rates and procedures are governed by Section 115BB of the Income Tax Act, 1961. The tax rate for such income is 30% + Surcharge (if applicable) + 4% Cess under Section 115BB. Income from such winnings is liable to a flat rate of tax at 30% without any basic exemption limit. According to Section 194B of the Income Tax Act, prize money is generally paid only after the payer or disburser (in this case, KBC) deducts tax at source (i.e., TDS) from it.
How to win play along KBC
- Firstly, you need to download the KBC app from Google Play or App store.
- Those who are not a subscriber can also participate in ‘Play Along’. However, a subscriber gets extra benefits in terms of prizes.
- The user will be redirected to the homepage of KBC, click on ‘Play Along’. Register yourself on the application and update your profile. Users have to choose Hindi or English according to their language preference.
- To register, participants must be at least 18 years old and Indian citizens. Participants are advised to read the rules and regulations of the KBC lottery game carefully.
- Whatever question will be asked on television, will be displayed on your mobile app. The participants have to answer the question correctly in the stipulated time.
- Make sure to click on Submit the answer, otherwise, the system will not accept your answer.
- User will get points for each right answer.
- The user can continue playing the KBC lottery game even after giving the wrong answers as there is no elimination for a ‘KBC lottery 2022’ participant.
- For non-subscribers, there is only one lifeline available in the game. However, subscribers of the application can use it anytime in the game.
- The user can also win 25 lakh lottery by giving the right answer to the Fastest finger first question.
- Lakhpati’ prize can only be claimed by KBCliv subscribers. The non-subscribers can win up to Rs 35 Lakh as cash prize. However, they are eligible to win other prizes like Bluetooth speakers, mobile phones, headphones, television sets, laptops, power banks, iPads and vouchers.
- Must play the KBC lottery game regularly because the season’s top scorer will also get a chance to win 1 Crore.
- Also, 20 lucky winners will get to have a Zoom call with megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
- Those who consistently participate in ‘Play Along’ will have the chance to appear in the main show. They will be featured in the last week of the Kon Baniga Crodpati.
What is the KBC
Kon Baniga Crodpati (also simply known as KBC) is an Indian television game show. It is the official Hindi adaptation of the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? franchise. The format is similar to other shows in the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?KBC office: contestants are asked multiple choice questions and must select the correct answer from four possible choices, and are provided with lifelines that may be used if they are uncertain. Since season 15 in 2022, the top prize has been ₹25 lakh (2500,000 rupees).
How to participate in KBC Lottery
The only way to get registered for KBC 2022 is through online means. There are no such offline options that you can take the help of. You need to either register with the help of the KBC lottery application, through SMS or IVR. Whatever way you are using, the registration process is absolutely free of charge. Here is the detailed process of how you can get registered using all three options.
Registration through SONY Liv App
The easiest way is to register through the Sony Liv application. You can install this application on your Android smartphone device from Google Play store. Also, Apple users can install the application from the store. One important thing that you need to understand is that you have to wait for the registration ads to start on television because you will get the registration questions on these ads only. Follow these steps to register.
Step-1-Install the Sony Liv app on your smartphone first.
Step-2 Now offer your email address and phone number correctly on the application.
Step-3- Next, you have to select your age, followed by your gender.
Step-4-Now provide your educational qualifications and then your occupation.
Step-5-Now, choose your zone from the list of states provided.
Step-6-Finally, offer the answer to the question that was asked in the KBC ad coming up on the television in the form of A, B, C, or D.
After you have answered all the lottery questions correctly, you will get a confirmation notification on your WhatsApp.
Registration through SMS
The next easiest way is to register via SMS. It is important to note that only subscribers of BSNL, Jio, Airtel, Vodafone and Idea can send SMS for registration. You will be charged Rs. 3 per SMS. Follow these steps to get registration done through SMS,
Step-1-Follow the question carefully asked in the KBC registration ad on television,
Step-2-On your SMS body of your mobile phone, type KBC <space>< A/B/C/D> <space><Age in completed years> <space><Gender. So, if you think that the answer to the question asked is A and you are a female of 20 years old, your SMS body should be KBC A 20 F
Step-3-Now send the text message to the number 509093
You should get a confirmation message soon if your answer is correct.
Registration through IVR
The last method is the oldest and commonest method through which audiences have been getting registered to KBC since the year 2000. Follow the steps to get your registration done through IVR
Step-1-Call on the number 50525252 from your mobile number. Keep in mind that you will be charged Rs. 6 per minute for this call.
Step-2-Next, you have to press between 1-4 (A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4) to select the right answer to the question asked for registration on the television,
Step-3-Next, answer the questions that will be asked on the IVR in a similar way such as language and age.
Finally, when you have answered all the questions properly, you will get to hear a thank you and confirmation note